Why Brands are Important When Looking for a Chandelier
Chandeliers add beauty, grandeur, and brightness to any space, which is why many homeowners are willing to spend a lot of money to get a good one.
On the flip side, poorly made chandeliers can look a bit trite and dated. Instead of uplifting the beauty and design of your home, they can diminish it.
If you plan to install a chandelier, itâ€™s a good idea to explore options and spend a little more money on branded products. Branded chandeliers offer a number of unique advantages that regular chandeliers of cheap make canâ€™t offer.
Unfortunately, most people arenâ€™t familiar with chandelier brands. Unless they've looked into it before, of course.
They just walk into a lighting store and pick a chandelier that looks appealing. Many buy expensive chandeliers assuming they would be of good quality. Unfortunately, thatâ€™s not always the case. If youâ€™re looking for good quality high-end chandeliers, you need to consider the brands. This article has all the information you need to know about good chandelier brands.
Why are brands important?
Itâ€™s easy to assume that when you purchase an expensive, branded chandelier, youâ€™re paying for the label. While the label and prestige are definitely important factors, these chandeliers also offer other advantages that make them a good choice, such as:
- Quality of material â€“ Branded companies often build their reputation by offering high-end products to increase sales, and will only use the best possible materials in their chandeliers. A branded light fixture will have top-quality crystals and glass, good wiring, solid construction, and a steady structure. This ensures the chandelier won't become damaged easily and will last for a long time with basic maintenance.
- Unique and signature designs â€“ These manufacturers always focus on design and create chandeliers with a signature style and that becomes their unique selling point (USP). Some chandeliers are easily identifiable based on their distinctive look, material, and design, and this adds to their appeal. Unbranded chandeliers usually donâ€™t have this feel and wonâ€™t add that special touch to the room.
- Maintenance and repairs â€“ High-end chandelier manufacturers usually offer assistance with maintenance and repairs. Even if they donâ€™t have an in-house maintenance team, they can provide a list of trustworthy contractors who can help. These manufacturers also have dedicated customer service teams that can help you with fixture-related problems, returns, replacements, etc.
- Replacement parts â€“ Chandeliers are made up of different parts and components. If these become damaged it can mar the beauty or compromise the function of the chandelier. Branded manufacturers usually provide replacement parts like original crystals, connectors, bulb holders etc, so you donâ€™t need to replace the entire chandelier, in case it suffers some damage.
- Possible resale value and appreciation â€“ Branded chandeliers have a good resale value and some can even appreciate in value over time. The combination of quality and unique design ensures theyâ€™re still attractive to prospective buyers so you can sell them down the line at a good price. Unbranded chandeliers arenâ€™t as attractive and donâ€™t have this kind of resale value.
- Warranties â€“ Most well-known brands offer warranties on their products. If the chandelier develops any problems or stops functioning during the warranty period, you can contact the chandelier company and claim the warranty.
- Conversation starter â€“ Designer chandeliers are excellent conversation starters. Guests that visit your home will notice their unique design and enquire about them. You can discuss the brands, explain the differences in styles and designs, and more.
High-end chandeliers from known brands arenâ€™t just light fixtures, theyâ€™re also art pieces in their own right. Many of them are meticulously handcrafted and thoughtfully assembled so they can become the focal point of the room.
Different kinds of brands
There are many great chandelier brands in the lighting industry and each has their own special qualities and appeal. Hereâ€™s a brief introduction to some of the better-known ones:
- Swarovski â€“ Swarovski has an entire department dedicated to designing and crafting intricate chandeliers covered in Swarovski crystals. This is one of the most well-known and trustworthy brands in this industry. All Swarovski chandeliers are carefully crafted and are available in a number of interesting and beautiful designs.
- Murano â€“ Murano isnâ€™t the name of a brand but rather of a glass making technique. This technique has been around for centuries and can help create unique and interesting chandelier designs. Many brands specialize in selling Murano chandeliers and these pieces are in popular demand.
- Baccarat â€“ This is one of the most exclusive and expensive chandelier brands. The company is based in France and is known for its intricate and beautiful pieces. Baccarat chandeliers are often found in luxury hotels, mansions, and other such properties.
- Robert Abbey â€“ This is an American brand based in North Carolina and is known for its beautiful, bespoke chandelier pieces. All light fixtures are manufactured with high-quality metals and crystals using the best techniques.
- Kichler â€“ This brand provides a wide variety of great chandeliers at different prices ranges. While many of these pieces are expensive, they have a range of reasonably-priced chandeliers as well. Thereâ€™s no compromise on quality, so all chandeliers look great, last long, and perform well.
- Progress Lighting â€“ This brand provides affordable and well-designed chandeliers. The light pieces are made from good quality materials, are easy to install, and can last for several years without problems.
There are several other chandelier brands available on the market and most of them have dedicated websites. Itâ€™s a good idea to explore the popular brands in your local area, look at their product offerings, and then make your purchase decision. You can also read online reviews and ratings to get an unbiased look at the brands and their products. If the brand doesnâ€™t have many reviews or an established online presence, look at other options first.
Branded chandeliers from reliable companies are almost always superior to unbranded ones in design, quality, durability, and performance. Many chandeliers from established companies can also be affordable and reasonably-priced. Itâ€™s only a matter of browsing online and doing some research. You can also purchase second-hand chandeliers of established brands to save some money. And in some cases where the value is increasing, as an investment.